Golf scrambles are meant to be a lot of fun as each player in a team of four. Usually for charity/charities and fundraisers as well as company games. The main advantage of playing in a golf scramble is that you do not need to be a pro to contribute to the game.
- A team of four in a golf scramble involves each player with a kind of handicap. However, when these players come together, they get to combine their strengths and compensate each other’s handicap. As a result, they play the best possible game. For each round of shots, the team will select the shot they consider as the best shot.
- Since the scramble is a team of four golfers contributing to the score of the whole team, it is a great way to promote teamwork as well as improvement. More proficient players can give weaker players some pointers as the game goes on.
- The standard strategy is to include players of all levels in a scramble, meaning everyone will get a chance to play. This will make the game more relaxed and fun.
- There is less pressure on individual players to hit great shots because team members choose the best shot from each stroke. If you don’t hit it well enough, your team can still get a great shot. You don’t need all four players to play. A team can have anything from 4 man scrambles down to 2 man scrambles.
- In a scramble, it’s a game of best shots; the best shot of the team determines the overall performance of the team, and not individual efforts. It is therefore highly likely that each player, no matter how weak, will have a chance to contribute to the total score of the team.
- Apart from the fun and benefits to your game, golf scrambles also offer all the general health benefits of playing golf. Benefits including relaxation, as well as great exercise for both mind and body.
- Golfing in a serene environment, surrounded by colleagues as well as other golfers of different walks of life. You can take in the sights along with the fresh clean air on the golf outing while you make new friends and meet new people.
- Playing in a scramble is also a great way to meet new people as well as socialize with old ones. Scrambles organised by companies tend to help foster better inter personnel relations between employees as well as fostering better teamwork on and off the course.
- Golf scrambles are also a great way for beginners and amateurs to play with professionals of much higher skills and tap into their knowledge.
- Bridging the gap between amateurs and professionals will also make it easier for professionals to impact knowledge while on the golf course.
Want to play in a scramble?
Golf scrambles are also a great way to raise money for charity events as well. You can play in a local charity golf event near you. Help people in need while playing golf the fun way. If you want to host a scramble of your own, for any purpose, you can also create a scramble.